Wednesday 11 March 2015

Bye bye winter blues

I didn't publicly make any New Year's resolutions this year, but I had a few goals in mind. Two months in, its time to review progress.

Goal number one- finish more projects than I start.

I think this goal is achievable, even though on current statistics it doesn't look good. I have two finishes so far this year, and I have three new WIPs. One is very nearly finished, so that will bring me back to even Stevens. 

Goal number two - reduce fabric stash to one box.

This is definitely not going so well. My shopping ability still far outpaces my sewing ability. The owner of my local fabric shop is so friendly and helpful, that I pop in all the time for advice. I would feel bad just taking the advice for free, and its very hard not to look around while I'm there. I do like to support local businesses, so really I am just being a responsible citizen and contributing to my local economy, and... Okay, I have no willpower. I have come to the conclusion that reducing my stash by buying less fabric is probably not going to work. The better way might be to sew more projects and reduce it that way. This would tie in nicely with Goal number one.

So, as a recap to myself on current position for 2015.

At the start of the year this was my list of projects in progress:
Scarf
Cardi for fox - abandoned.
Pink elephant
Sunshine waves blanket- finished and given away - gold star to me.
Minnie mouse bag
This blog - ongoing

New projects started:
Summer dress
Crochet doily project
Party dress

So, the goals for March are to finish at least one more project and not start any more. I will check back in to update on progress later.





No comments:

Post a Comment