Saturday 14 March 2015

World Textile Day Wales 2015

I have just returned from a lovely day out with my Mum to World Textile Day Wales.

This is an annual event in Llanidloes. There is a morning and an afternoon lecture session, and a nice break in the middle to get some lunch and do some shopping. There is a lot to tempt me on an occasional visit to Llani. even without the added bonus of the amazing stalls at the textile event.
I really enjoyed the lectures, but there was an awful lot to take in, so sorry the labels for my pictures are a bit vague.

Sashiko samples by Susan Briscoe. She gave one of the talks.

Chinese applique from 1930s. Imported by Slow Loris.
.

Beautiful reverse applique quilt from Southern Pakistan.

Close up of embroidery on another Pakistani Kantha quilt.

Can you guess what this is? We couldn't!
 
It's to decorate your camel for a wedding ceremony. The hump goes through the slit in the middle.

African textile.

And finally my goodies. I think I was very restrained.

No comments:

Post a Comment