Friday 17 March 2017

Final finishes of 2016

These two makes both got finished between Christmas and New year. The blanket was started around easter, but with other projects taking priority it has been neglected for a while. It's just simple granny clusters and has been my in-between project, for when I felt like making something, but didn't have the concentration for anything complicated. I don't have a recipient in mind yet.

The tractor  t shirt was started and finished all in one day on New Year's Eve . My nephew whose birthday is 2nd January is going through a  keen tractor phase. We saw some cute Tshirts which I nearly bought, but they were £25 each! I couldn't bear to waste so much money on something so simple. I decided to buy a T shirt and add some appliqué.
Unfortunately it wasn't quite so simple. The really tricky part was finding a plain T shirt to start with.  It took a lot more hunting than I expected. The buttons were a lucky find, and the  applique luckily all went quite smoothly.  I am pleased with the outcome and I hope that he is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment