Tuesday 1 November 2016

Flower fairies quilt

When I made the spring on the building plot quilt for my nephew, I had to also make something for his little sister. Since the jelly roll had been so quick and easy for his quilt, I decided to go down the pre-cut route again and chose a charm pack from the Flower Fairies range by Fabric Freedom. I kept the layout very simple, so this little quilt was very speedy.


To add a bit more interest I decided to try out some of the fancy stitches on my sewing machine. They do help to liven the quilt up, but they were very slow, and used huge amounts of thread. I think this quilt would look even better with a bit of free motion quilting, but that is a skill I need a lot more practice at.


Once again I backed this quilt with snuggly soft fleece, it's quicker, softer and more washable than batting and backing, so good news all around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment